The Storage Control Module extends Operations Manager to provide control and visibility of the underlying storage infrastructure. With the storage resource management software, VMTurbo automatically corrects and prevents performance issues that stem from storage contention and bottlenecks. The Storage Control Module supports:
- NetApp including advanced storage features and packages such as NetApp Clustered Data ONTAP (cluster mode) and FlexPod
- EMC VNX Series Arrays and related Vblocks
With the Storage Control Module, customers are able to drive significantly higher levels of utilization in the storage infrastructure while lowering operational costs caused by storage problems and incidents. With the Storage Control Module, VMTurbo will:
- Automatically map end-to-end relationships from VMs to underlying storage – Volumes/LUNs, Aggregates/Storage Pools, physical disks/spindles and storage controllers/processors.
- Optimize the efficiency and health of the hypervisor and underlying storage infrastructure through a broad set of resource allocation decisions including intelligent workload placement, movement and sizing of volumes/LUNs, and aggregates/storage pools.
- Understand and account for thin provisioning across both virtualization and storage domains, driving higher storage utilization while minimizing operational storage risks and problems.
- Manage storage performance for both physical and virtual workloads connected to the same datastore.